Kuwait has determined the qualifications for 1855 job titles, and has decided to recruit only those who have the necessary educational qualification for that particular post.
All the details have been published in the website www.manpower.gov.kw.
Here are the qualifications required for some of the jobs:
• Technician, supervisor, trainer, referee, painter, chef: Diploma
• Operator of Machineries: Intermediate certificate
• Director, nurse, doctor, engineer, general physicist, geologist, general chemist, teacher, instructor, statistician, mathematician, specialized jobs in media sector and others: Bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification
• Manager at restaurant, retail store, beverages-food outlets, hotel reception: Not less than primary education.
• Sales representatives, security guard, farm workers, labourers: Intermediate
Kuwait has announced that visa for fishing, agriculture, industry, cooperative institutions and free trade sector can be converted to work visas in the private sector, owing to labour shortage. However, this facility is permitted only to those who are currently in Kuwait.