Kuwait suspends indoor activities until Feb. 28 to limit spread of COVID-19
31 January 2022, 12:00 AM
01 February 2022, 12:00 AM
The Kuwaiti Cabinet decision of a seven-week ban on indoor social gatherings till feb-28 continues, the Center for Government Communication said.
The Kuwaiti Cabinet made the decision during its weekly meeting and said it would continue to review the epidemiological situation in the country throughout the period.
Around 3.2 million people or 82.8 per cent of eligible people in Kuwait have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, the country’s Health Ministry has said.
The number of those who have obtained only one dose of inoculation against the virus has accounted for 85.7 per cent, it added.
Around 685,000 Kuwaitis and foreign residents have so far received the booster shots, it said.